Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Why Did THAT Happen?

My youngest daughter had emergency surgery last week to remove her appendix, and later she asked me an interesting question.  'Mom, how did I attract that to myself?'

I got my answer for her from the great Dr. Joe Vitale, who himself had a similar medical condition in his own life and he had people ask him the same question.

"If you attract everything to yourself, then why did THAT happen?''

Joe answered by saying that sometimes our bodies need to take a break from the speed at which we are living our life, which he admits is very, very fast.  It can also be that we needed or wanted (subconsciously, of course) the experience for one reason  or another.  In my daughters case, she figured out for herself that maybe it was a way for her and her older brother to bond better, since he had the same surgery several years ago at a very young age.  He knew exactly how she felt and was very compassionate and comforting to her right after she came out of surgery, sitting next to her and holding her hand....something they had not experienced before.  The two of them feel closer, and as a mother, there is such joy for me to see that. 

So maybe in your own life, you can think situations that you have thought the same thing..."Why did THAT have to happen?"

The answer will be found in whatever good resulted from the experience.  And there will always be something....you may have to look pretty hard to find the good, but it is there if you search long enough and  think about each possibility.  And, if you can't find any good that happened, wait a while and it will be revealed to you.  Sometimes years later.

I have a situation in my own life that took years to reveal the good...or maybe what took so long was me and my frame of mind.  But I finally got it, and now it all makes sense. And I'm grateful for the experience, even though it was painful.

You are brilliant, my dear friend, and I know that whatever happens in your life, you will find the good.  Because that's just the kind of person you are....always searching...and finding.

Love,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment