Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Little Kindness Goes a Long Way

One of the things I've learned over my adult life is try and be kind to everyone, no matter the situation.  And I'm sure I have failed at that sometimes.  And when you run into someone from the past, maybe even your childhood, that you were not kind to, guilt can consume you.  So maybe you and I can try together to always be courteous and kind to everyone we meet.  Less guilt and more good feelings are always a good thing.

There are days when it's hard to be kind to others...especially if you're having a bad day of your own.  But showing a little kindness will go along way to at least not transferring your bad day on to someone else.  And don't we always appreciate when someone is kind and warm to us, even if we have done nothing to get it from them?  They just offered it?  Fabulous.  God Bless all the nice folks out there! 

I recently came across a boy from my childhood neighborhood on Facebook.  I had not seen anything about him since we were kids.  And I was immediately struck with delight at finding him there, and then a wash of guilt.  He had been picked on by the neighborhood, and I have no idea why.  And I while I don't remember if I was ever rude or mean right to his face, I'm certain that I did not stand up and defend him or tell anyone to leave him alone.  Because I was picked on myself sometimes, I desperately wanted to be accepted and not excluded, so I joined them or at least didn't separate myself from the masses at the time.  And now I feel guilt.  Bless his forgiving heart, he accepted my 'friendship' on Facebook, even though I don't deserve it.  And I'm so glad to see how successful and happy he is.  He's a smart guy and turned lemons into lemonade.

So I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I always feel so bad if I let outside influences decide what my behavior is, and I'm all about doing whatever is going to bring the most happiness into my life and to YOUR life.  Everyone we meet has their own pain and their own struggles, just like us.  Everyone we meet is connected to the same energy we are, and whatever we put out there will come right back to us.  So let's strive to always put out love, compassion and kindness and keep the flow of energy pure and happy swirling around us.  It's a 'win' for everyone, and goes a long way in creating a positive feelings in yourself and others.  Now THAT'S power.

Love, Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment