Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year Reading List

I'm a book-aholic....non-recovering.  Never want to.  I love books!  There, I said it. Curling up in a cotton quilt on my couch with a novel...pure heaven. 

I love novels, and I also love non-fiction.  Especially if if they can help me get to my intentions.  So today I want to share my book choices for the new year.  If you never pick up a book, let this be the year that you do.  There are treasures on the pages of good books just waiting for you to claim.

Non-Fiction

The Success Principles by Jack Canfield.  If you only read one book this year, I recommend you read this one.  The subtitle is 'How to Get From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be'.  Jack Canfield has lived through much worse than I have and you'd never know it by how grounded, successful and happy he is.  Jack is truly an inspiration and an expert on getting everything you want in life, no matter how big it is.  I love his style of writing.  He has a version just for teens called 'The Success Principles for Teens' that we bought all our teenage kids for Christmas.

The Attractor Factor by Joe Vitale.  This is the book my son let me borrow back in July and it started me on a different, better path for my life.  Dr. Vitale is warm and has a great way of explaining how to attract everything you want in life

The Secret by Rhonda Byrne.  I enjoyed the book and LOVED the movie.  If you have to choose, watch the movie.

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.  This book is a classic and has been updated with examples for today's world.  It's about a lot more than growing rich with money....it's about growing rich in every area of your life. 

How to Survive the Loss of a Love by Melba Colgrove.  One of my friends gave me this book many years ago and I still think about the good practical advice I got.  It's a short read, and it's all about healing and feeling better after surviving a loss.  Love this book.  So if you have just suffered a break up or death of your loved one, this book really does help.

Fiction

September by Rosamunde Pilcher.  Set in Scotland, this novel is why I want to go on a trip there so bad.  Delicious read.

A is for Alibi by Sue Grafton.  This begins the alphabet series of her main character, private detective Kinsey Milhone.  I've been reading and loving this series for years.  The next is 'B is for Burglar', 'C is for Corpse' and so on.  I think Sue is at 'U' in this series.  These are just fun PI books set in Southern California....probably fueled my desire to become a PI. 

There are many more great novels I've read, and perhaps I'll recommend more later in the year.   

Happy Reading, my friend.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment